More sabbatical tips that I learned. Perhaps the hard way:
- Bring your spouse! Everything can be a lot more lonely or less fun than you imagined. Also distance-based relationships are very stressful.
- Airbnb is potentially your friend and enemy. If you need a furnished apartment it’s a good option. It could also be terrible.
- Ear plugs are your friend for travel and visits.
- If you are going to a furnished apartment don’t pack much.
- Canadians should check with NSERC if they want to apply for JSPS scholarships.