Research Promotion Site of Abram Hindle
Abram is an assistant professor at the University of Alberta, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada within the Department of Computing Sciences
In the middle of 2011, Abram was a visiting researcher at Microsoft Research.
- A general overview of my Research Record DBLP
- Current Version of my Curriculum Vitae
- I'd like to thank my numerous collaborators!
- Abram's Blog
What can I offer you?
- Methods, Technology and Tools for characterizing past developer behaviour in a software project, based on information stored in Source Control Repositories.
- Methodology and tools to relate software evolution and software power consumption / software energy use / software power use: Green Mining
What questions do I seek to help answer?
- Instead of applying off the shelf learners to bug deduplication, let's leverage software engineering domain knowledge to aid bug deduplicatoin.
- Can we see the topics of requirements that commits are addressing? Can we relate implementation and requirements over time?
- Recurrent Behaviour: Is there recurrent behaviour in software development? Well take a look at these plots!
- How can we characterize how developers behave around release time?
- Software Process Recovery - how can we start to extract software development processes from software history? Also see CSER Keynote
- What's in a Name - How can we automatically name developer topics?
- Recovered Unified Process Views - Extract Unified Process Views from software histories.
- Software Readability - What are we actually saying when we talk about the readability of source code?
- Got Issues? - Do new features and new improvements affect defects?
- Is there EVIDENCE of Android Fragmentation? - How portability affects the bug reports within Android.
- Can we cheaply measure the complexity of revisions?
Students and Teaching:
- Current Masters Students: Chenlei Zhang (MSc), Anahita Alipour (Msc), Joshua Campbell (PhD)
- CMPT 301 Intro to SE, Fall 2012 and Winter 2013,
- CMPUT 664 Topics in Mining Software Repositories, Processes, and Artifacts Winter 2013
Prospective Graduate Students:
My thesis work: PhD
Free Software Engineering Data:
Research relevant work:
- ICSE 2013 Web Co-Chair
- MSR 2013 Program Committee
- ICSM 2013 Program Committee
- SCAM 2013 Program Committee
- CSMR 2013 ERA Program Committee
- ICSM 2014 Tool Demo Co-Chair
- Reviewed for EMSE, TSE, TOSEM, JSS
- ICSE2014 Tool-demo PC
- 2013 Software Engineering Innovation Foundation Award
- NSERC Discovery Grant
- MSR 2012 Best Paper Award
Potentially fun things:
- My Github Repos
- My Bitbucket Repos
- Twitter-IRCD plus Search Channel
- Sketcha-mo-phone: Play music by doodling lines
- Sonified Sand/Dust game in Haskell!
- Harbinger: Sonifying the Desktop
- Store Files Remotely and Slightly Safely
- Cup-O-mo-phone: a touch based instrument
- A 3D Mandelbrot fractal, implementations
- Musical Voudon/Voodoo Veve drawing
- Take web interfaces and make them musical!
- My musical endeavours
- My youtube channel
- Programming User Groups in Edmonton
Office: 4-47 Athabasca Hall, Department of Computing Science, UAlberta